Swimrun Puruvesi is located in Punkaharju, Naaranlahti 29.6. arranged by Resort Naaranlahti. Competitors will run at continent and islands and swim to islands in clear water Lake Puruvesi. Start and finish line are in Resort Naaranlahti, competition route you can see map below. The longest route you will visit nine islands and there are 22 swim sections. Longest swimming distance is 800 metres.
Competition route is very beautiful, diverse and also challenging. There are different kind of grounds in the islands; sand, forest and rocks. You participate event with your own speed, no matter are you professional or amateur.
Swimrun Puruvesi is arranged first time and we hope to have also international participants. Swimrun is pretty new activity in Finland, but its popularity is increasing and there are many swimrun events in Finland.
Race centre is Resort Naaranlahti,
Kesälahdentie 1614, 58520 Hiukkajoki
CUTE 12 km (3 km swimming, 9 km running)
MONO 16 km (5 km swimming, 11 km running)
DUO STANDARD 23,5 km (7,5 km swimming, 16 km running)
DUO DOUBLE 40 km (13,5 km swimming, 26,5 km running)
Start and finish line: Resort Naaranlahti
Schedule for the 29.6.2019
8 - 9.00 Registration
9.30 Race briefing
10.00 Start of the race
about 18.00 Award ceremony
20.00 Finish line closes
Showers and toilets are located in Resort Naaranlahti. There are public toilets in the Petri island.
The competitors are not insured by the race organization. Competitors are responsible by them self of having a prevailing insurance.
Registration can be done HERE.
Registration and entry fee:
CUTE 85€ (early bird 75€, till 30.4.)
MONO 95€ (early bird 85€, till 30.4.)
DUO STANDARD 125€ (early bird 115€, till 30.4.)
DUO DOUBLE 135€ (EARLY BIRD 125€ TILL 30.4.)
Registration is open till 28.6.2019, 16:00. Registration fee includes:
Timing and result list
Dressing room and showers
Swimming cap and T-shirt
Beautiful and diverse route with markings and safety arrangements
Energy station with snacks
Amazing race feeling
More information at Facebook.
For questions, you are more than welcome to contact us:
- To be able to participate, you need be at least 18 years old. Under 18 years old can participate with a written permission from their parents or participate with a parent.
- Each team member need to be able to swim and understand the challenge of the race.
- Each team member have to have a valid insurance, which covers swim run races. Organizer do not have insurance for any participant.
- Course is marked.
- Teams needs to follow the marked course. Along the way organizer controls that teams are following the marked course.
- There is one Energy station during the course at Petri island.
- There are water, energy drink, salted cucumbers and bananas available.
- External support is allowed in this station.
- There is first aid skilled staff along the route.
All equipment need to be carried from start to finish line. Litter can be given away also in energy station.
- Mandatory gear
· First aid pressure bandage (packed waterproof)
· Whistle (use in case of emergency)
. Swim cap (provided by Resort Naaranlahti)
. Map (provided by organizer, not waterproof)
- Recommended gear
· water bladder, energy, hand paddles, swimming goggles,
- Mandatory gear will be checked in the finish line. If case lack of mandatory equipment in these leads to time punishment/ disqualification.
Equipment that are not allowed
- Flotation that is bigger than 100cm x 60cm
- Time start from the start until the last of the team crosses the finish line. Recommendation - cross the finish line together side by side!
- The team and its members competes at its own responsibility. The race organizer does not insure the participants.
- The participants shall respect other participants, organization, spectators and the people living in the race area.
- Team that has abandoned the race shall report it as soon as possible to the organization and energy station or to the race centre.
- To throw trash in the nature is prohibited. If a team is doing so, they will be disqualified.
- The participants are obliged to help another team in case of emergency.
- The participants are not allowed to use unfair methods to get advantages
- The participants must know the rules and follow those.
- Race jury is the race director and two persons from the race organization.
- The race jury:
Monitors participants to follow up the rules
Decides the outcome of protests, disqualifications, route changes
The decision of the race jury is definitive
A protest must be given to the race organization within an hour after finishing the race (own team or the team that the protest considers).
- A protest must include:
– Time and location
– Team number and signatures of the team members
– Team number or team name of the team that the protest is against
– The reason for the protest
– If possible, include witness with name or team number
- A protest that does not fill the criteria mentioned above will be ignored.
-A decision from the race jury will be communicated to those involved as soon as possible.
Offence against the rules leads to disqualification or a time punishment.
It is not allowed to receive assistance from other people than the race organization. Each team has to make their own way from start to finish. External support is allowed only in the energy and water stations.
- Jumping into the water is prohibited! Lakes are not deep by its shores. Start the swims by careful slide on the surface of the water.
- The race organization can refuse a team to continue if they judge them not capable due to fatigue or being in such bad physical condition that continued racing would be to take unnecessary risk.
- Competitors may have own sponsor logos/markings in their race gear.
Cancellation of participation
- Cancellation and name changes needs to be informed:
- If you need to cancel your participation, you can sell your registration
- The entry fee will be returned by 50 % by the race organization against a medical certificate, if the abandon of the race occurs within a month before race date (29.5.2019). Earlier cancellations are handled by a fee of 40 euros.
Cancellation of the competition
If the event has to be completely cancelled, the organizers have the right to hold a 50% participation fee to cover pre-costs.
Participation fees will not be refunded if the event has to be transferred to another location and / or a new date.
Should the event be cancelled on the day of the event because of the extreme weather or other force majeure cause, the participation fees will not be refunded.
Participant name and contacts
When registered to this race, you will agree that your name is visible in the list of participants and results.
We collect telephone numbers and emails, to inform you the latest updates.
Rights for pictures and videos
The participants gives the rights to race organisation to use pictures and video material taken during the race to be used free of rights in marketing, press material, internet, television, social media and films etc.
Accepting the rules
By registration to the race member accepts the rules.
Validation of rules
Rules can be updated until start of the race. Read the rules and race information just before the race day.
We inform the updates and changes in our web and Facebook page.